Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chelsea Gallery Reaction

The Chelsea Galleries unlike the museums and their non-profit art spaces that we visited throughout the semester majority of these galleries are commercial spaces.
 I visit the Yossi Milo Gallery one art work that i found interesting at this gallery was Untitled #168 by Simen Johan it was a rhino that was sitting in the middle of nowhere. Usually when you see a rhino you don't see it in this element it showed a softer side to the animal. Another gallery that I visit was Marlborough Gallery the artist focus on the world of hip hop, even though I am not into hip hop it was cool seeing how people view it. One of his pieces that caught my eye was Rashaad Newsome: Herald I didn't get what he was trying to portray in this artwork, I don't think it represented his view well. however one piece of work that I enjoyed was Black and Yellow it showed the flashy side of hip hop with all the jewelry. 
The Freight and Volume Gallery was also interesting it was full of color an artwork that I enjoyed was Kristen Schieli: Beyond the Rocks they was full of bright color, these pieces can brighten up your day with all the beautiful colors.

 Kristen Schiele
Uptown Girls Can Drink, 2011
Kristen Schiele
Over the Edge, 2011

Rashaad Newsome
Black and Yellow, 2011


Rashaad Newsome
Bo$$ed Up, 2011

Untitled # 168
Simen Johan, 2011


1 comment:

  1. I also enjoyed Kristen Schieli: Beyond the Rocks! And I agree with you, one of the things that caught my attention the most about the collection were the colors.

    ReplyDelete